- Charter Services
- About Us
- Environmental Commitment
- Gift Shop
- Northern Adventures up close | Special Offers | April 2009 | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | December 2009 | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | Discover Canada and Alaska | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | February 2011 | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | January 2010 | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | March 2010 | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | May 2011 | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | October 2010 | Early Bird | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | October 2010 | Guest | Ruby Range Adventure
- Northern Adventures up close | The Last Great Wilderness | May 2008 | Ruby Range Adventure Ltd.
- Northern Adventures up close | We'd like to meet you... | October 2008 | Ruby Range Adventure Ltd.
- Ruby Range Adventure Ltd. celebrates 25th Anniversary in 2008
- Our Team
- Adam Moore
- Alexander Riedel
- Alex Ross
- Amanda Kalyn
- Beniot Labranche
- Brent Gavin
- Daniel Joseph
- Felix Geithner
- Fredrick Lemke
- Ira Nicolai
- Jane Vincent
- Karine Genest
- Karsten Mercier
- Kathryn Bunker
- Marie-Élise d'Anjou Drouin
- Mark Wilkinson
- Martin Fipp
- Max Schoffel
- Niall Fink
- Patrick Plemel
- Quintin Winks
- Reinhard Semmel
- Thomas Kramer
- Tobias Altebaeumer
- Photo Contest 2016
- A trip back to the Yukon is being planned
- Fantastic tour !
- I'll take home a lot of fantastic memories, if not any Canadian girl's phone numbers
- It always makes me proud when travelers appreciate Alaska
- It was a great pleasure
- I want to say a special thank you
- I will definitely be recommending your company
- Large praise of the complete travel group
- Thanks again for this great experience
- Thank you for agreat time, you worked very hard
- The perfect leader and the best I have experienced
- The whole trip was a blast
- This is just a note to say ‘thank you’ for our recent wonderful holiday in Alaska
- We had a wish list before we left - and all the wishes came true
- Yours - a most satisfied customer
- Tour Journals
- Travel Facts
Tour Duration: 10 Days | Tour Price: CAD 1,995.00/person | Tour Season: June - July
Canoeing the Yoyageur's Northwest Route
Step back in time and rediscover a Hudson Bay trading route while paddling the historic and mesmerizing Pelly River. This guided canoe journey will take you back to the uncharted Northwest of the 1840’s where the fur-trade was driven to reach the outer-most corners of Canada. One of the most famous pioneers of that time, Robert Campbell, was the first to explore the Pelly River. He and his voyageurs traveled the Pelly River in search for new outposts to trade with local natives. A half-century before the Klondike Gold Rush would change the face of the Yukon it was the pioneer spirit of Hudson Bay and Northwest Company explorers like Robert Campbell who first connected the North to the rest of the world.
Whether you are a novice or a experienced river paddler, you will truly enjoy this 10 day canoe-camping adventure which leads along the breathtaking Tintina Trench into the heart of the Yukon Plateau. The Trench is a major pathway for migratory birds and many species can be seen later in the summer along with other wildlife such as Dall and fanin sheep, muskrat, beaver, fox, wolf, bear, eagle and trumpeter swan can be easily spotted along the riversides. The Pelly is a relatively wide river with good current, quite often we can stow away the paddles, raft up and relax for a while. And, every so often we will encounter sections of the river which require a bit of maneuvering on three easily negotiable rapids (class I-III).
Day 1: Arrival in Whitehorse. This evening meet your fellow group members and you’ll have the opportunity to discover the famous capital of the Yukon. Your stops should include the SS Klondike, one of the last Yukon sternwheelers still in existence, and a national historic site; and a visit to the McBride Museum. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 2: In the morning we will drive from Whitehorse to Faro where we put-in on the Pelly River with our canoes. We’ll paddle a short distance and setup camp at the foot of the magnificent Rose Mountain.
Day 3: Today we’ll navigate through Little Fishhook Rapid, a real joy, even for beginners!
Day 4: Our journey begins with a trip through Big Fishhook Canyon. As we paddle along, you’ll begin to feel as though you’re travelling back in time to the days of Robert Campbell and his Hudson Bay voyageurs.
Day 5: Our paddle today brings us to Mount Hodder; the predominant geographical feature of the region.
Day 6: We will be on the river a bit longer today until we pass “Safety Pin Bend”.
Day 7: Another scenic campsite awaits us at the confluence of the Pelly and South MacMillan Rivers.
Day 8: For most of the day you will enjoy views of the unique rock formations along Granite Canyon. We’ll choose the route depending on the group’s skills and liking.
Day 9: Arrival in Pelly Crossing, where the Klondike Hwy crosses the Pelly River. Transfer back to Whitehorse. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 10: Transfer to airport or connecting program.
(As the trip is done in expedition fashion changes in travel itinerary are a possibility and are left up to the discretion of the guide.)
|On Request||Available, guaranteed departure||Available departure||Not Available|
Tour Duration10 Days
Tour PriceDouble Room/Tent: CAD 1,995.00
Single Room/Tent: +CAD 355.00
All Rates per person (+ GST)
5 - 12 participants per tour
DemandsA background in camping and paddling is an asset but not necessary. These programs are open to expert and novice paddlers alike.
- Expert guidance on the entire trip
- Canoes and camping equipment
- Overland transportation
- 2 person tents (9 nights)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Whitehorse
- All meals on canoe trip
- Airport Shuttle in Whitehorse
- Meals in hotels
- Fishing license
- Personal extras