Job Description – Experienced Canoe Canoe Guide
Ruby Range Adventure, one of Yukon’s leading outdoor adventure companies, is looking for an exceptional Canoe guide to work multi-day trips in the Yukon Territory and Alaska. Here is the fascinating landscape in the northwest, and Ruby Range Adventure is a great company to work for. We also recognize that guides are the most important factor in providing excellent adventure trips. We want the best.
We know that a canoe trip is a social event as much as it is a wilderness or trekking adventure, and guides are the catalysts that make the event what it is. Guides set the tone. Good guides can make an otherwise bad trip a good trip, and they can make an otherwise OK trip an excellent one. They do this through the energy they put into the trip. Not just the physical energy, but the social energy. Good guides have strong social skills. They care about people, and are sensitive to their needs. They are entertaining, engaging, and fun to be with.
- At least three seasons guiding experience
- Minimum 5 nights of canoe trip experience
- Wilderness 1st Aid or equivalent
- Class 4 driver’s licence
- Fluency in English, German or French would be a strong asset
- Good organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Good knowledge of local history and geography or willingness to acquire this knowledge
- Must be able to work alone
- Physically active
- Drug-free, non smoking
- Very competitive salary
- Training and certification programs are subsidized
- Living quarters are provided for out of territory guides
- Pro-purchase programs for major outdoor gear companies
- Guaranteed days per season
- Top notch equipment to use
- E-mail your resume, cover-letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us at (867) 322-8600. We love to talk about our trips!