As part of the North American Economy, Ruby Range Adventure recognises its operations have an impact upon the environment and as a consequence of this, will assess the impact of current and likely future operations on the environment.
Where appropriate Ruby Range Adventure will meet the requirements of all relevant legislation and approved codes of conduct. Where no regulations or codes of conduct exist Ruby Range Adventure shall set their own standards. Ruby Range Adventure will:
- Promote awareness of environmental responsibilities among employees by publishing the policy and relevant information on the intranet and internet.
- Establish a dedicated Green Team, with input from all levels of staff to raise awareness across the business and develop sustainable initiatives.
- Implement and practice the outdoor ethics of "Leave no trace" on all our guided tour programs.
- Promote recycling of waste by providing recycling containers on our tour programs and will strive to reduce consumption of all other materials wherever possible.
- Promote recycling of waste paper by providing recycling boxes throughout its office(s) and will strive to reduce consumption of all other materials wherever possible.
- Actively reduce by paper by utilising online communication.
- Recycle all printer toners/cartridges when empty. These will be donated to a charity who will refill and re-use them.
- Maintain the grounds of its office(s) in an environmentally sensitive way.
- Promote purchasing which will give preference, as far as is reasonably practicable, to those suppliers which cause the least harm to the environment.
- Reduce water consumption where reasonably practicable.
- Promote effective methods of getting to and from the workplace where appropriate.
- Commitment to continuous improvement